Adult Milk and Frosted Christmas Cut-Out Cookies Cocktail
Making and decorating frosted Christmas cut-out cookies has been a tradition in my family since I can remember! Every year my grandma and I would get to work in the kitchen making all sorts of cookies at Christmas time; cut-outs being my favorite as a kid, of course! To this day, even though I don’t have kids of my own yet, I have to make the cut-outs – it wouldn’t be Christmas without them!
This year I decided that since I’ve been making the frosted Christmas cut-out cookies for just myself and my husband, why not really embody the adult milk and cookies concept and spike the milk! That’s right – the Adult Milk and Frosted Christmas Cut-Out Cookies Cocktail recipe is as simple as fresh cold milk spiked with Irish cream and spiced rum! The spiced rum element was actually inspired by another one of my all-time favorite Christmas cookies that have been a long time tradition in my family: rum balls! Rum balls are super easy, no-bake cookies that feature spiced rum; actually, one of our Tasty Bevers, Will Cook for Friends, has a Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls recipe, the only difference is that I don’t put chocolate or coconut in mine!
First Make the Cookies
Before you get too excited, you’ll need to make your Frosted Christmas Cut-Out Cookies! Otherwise, you’ll have your adult milk and no cookies to dunk in it – now where’s the fun in that? Well…depending on how much of it you drink, I’m confident you’ll still have fun.
FROSTED CHRISTMAS CUT-OUT COOKIES
Makes Approx. 75
FOR THE COOKIES:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE FROSTING:
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp light corn syrup
Food coloring (optional)
Variety of sprinkles (optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl or standing mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt then gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and mix thoroughly.
2. Cover dough in parchment paper, seal into gallon sized ziplock bag and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Overnight is executable.
3. Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out to 1/4 thick on a floured surface. Cut out with Christmas cookie cutters of your choice. Take remaining dough scraps, ball them together and repeat rolling out and cutting out process until all dough is used up.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack.
5. Mix all frosting ingredients in a large bowl until the consistency is a thick liquid. You can then separate into smaller bowls and add food coloring to create a desired color palette. Decorate with color frosting and sprinkles!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 4 shots Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
- Measure out 4 shots of rum with a shot glass, 1 cup of Irish cream and 2 cups milk with a liquid measuring cup into a quart (32oz) mason jar or pitcher. Stir or shake with lid secured on.
- Serve into 2-4 glasses and top with a light sprinkle of nutmeg.
- Garnish with Frosted Christmas Cut-Out Cookies by placing a long tooth pick gentle through the center of a cookie and then rest it across the top of your glass.
If you have a beverage recipe that you would like to see featured on our website – simply enter the URL on the submit page and it will be sent for review!
And why not tag the bevs you’re sippin’ on #tastybev when you post about them on social media, who knows – we might just give you a shout out!